It’s almost time to say goodbye to 2019 and ring in a new year and a new decade.
The streets, homes and pubs of Dublin are sure to be rocking tomorrow night as the city celebrates New Year’s Eve.
But with so many people out enjoying themselves it can be difficult to find a taxi once the capital’s watering holes close up for the night.
If you are heading out tomorrow night there are a number of public transport options available to get you home when the celebrations are over.
A Sunday service will operate on New Year’s Eve with last departures on most routes at around 10pm.
Nitelink services will run with most routes starting service at midnight and many operating until 4am. The full Nitelink timetable can be found here .
The Luas will run on Saturday hours and frequency and there is also a Night Luas Service available.
Night Luas Red Line Westbound from The Point to Tallaght will depart at 1am, 2am and 3am.
Night Luas Red Line Westbound from The Point to Saggart will depart at 1:30am and 2:30am.
Night Luas Red Line Eastbound from Tallaght to The Point will depart at 1am and 2am.
Night Luas Red Line Eastbound from Saggart to The Point will depart at 12:30am and 1:30am.
Night Luas Green Line Northbound from Brides Glen to Broombridge will depart every 30 minutes between 12:20am to 2:50am.
Night Luas Green Line Southbound from Broombridge to Brides Glen will depart every 30 minutes from 12:36am to 3:06am.
Night Luas fares cost €4 on Leap Card or €5 from a Luas ticket machine.
DART and Commuter Rail
- 01:20hrs and 03:00hrs Dublin Pearse serving all stations to Maynooth
Kildare Phoenix Park Tunnel services
- 00:50hrs and 02:50hrs from Dublin Pearse serving Tara Street, Dublin Connolly, Drumcondra, and all stations from ParkWest Cherryorchard to Kildare
- 01:40hrs and 02:40hrs from Dublin Pearse serving Tara Street, Dublin Connolly and all stations from Howth Junction to Dundalk
- 01:30hrs and 02:30hrs from Dublin Connolly serving all stations to Greystones
- 01:30hrs and 02:30hrs from Dublin Pearse serving all stations to Howth